Our values are what guide our actions:
All for one – we work as a team
Do what it says on the tin – we get it right first time
The things we could do – we actively look for ways to improve
Boo to bureaucracy – we keep it simple.
What are we trying to achieve at GreenSquareAccord?
At GreenSquareAccord we make a difference. We increase the opportunities for people to thrive by giving them access to great homes and services to match. This supports the creation of strong and vibrant communities. We make a difference to people’s lives – and this is something we want to continue doing, for more people, every day.
We value our customers and are committed to providing you with great service – you are at the heart of everything we do.
Our services are available to everyone who needs them, whatever their sex, race, age, disability, sexuality, culture or beliefs. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion (that is, valuing people’s differences) and getting rid of discrimination.
These service standards set out our promise to you and show the level of customer service that you can expect when you contact us.
In all of our contact with you we will:
- be positive, realistic and honest (if we do not know something, we will tell you and always get back to you when we do know);
- help manage your expectations, especially when we are unable to provide exactly what you have asked for;
- aim to deal with most enquiries straight away;
- respect your individual needs and tailor our services to meet them whenever possible;
- not make assumptions;
- consider and understand how our services affect you and adapt our behaviour to the circumstances;
- put things right as soon as possible if they have gone wrong; and
- make sure that you can easily contact us in a variety of ways, including by phone, by email, through our website, and by letter.
When you phone us
- aim to answer your call within two minutes and tell you who we are;
- always be polite and respectful;
- give you an opportunity to be heard;
- ask some questions to check that we are talking to the right person;
- give you access to a translation service if needed;
- always try and resolve your query at the first point of contact. If we can’t, we’ll arrange to call you back within either 24, 48 hours or seven days depending on the type and urgency of the issue; and
- call you back on a number of your choice.
When you write to us
- acknowledge your emails and any contact you have made through our website and social media within two working days and your letters within five working days;
- provide you with a contact name, a phone number and email address in our response so you can contact us if you have any questions;
- reply to you using clear and plain language, avoiding jargon; and
- if you ask us to, try to provide information about our services in the best possible format for you, including large print, Braille and other languages.
When we visit you
- carry our official GreenSquareAccord identity cards and show them to you – don’t let anyone in if you are unsure of their identity and call us for advice;
- arrange visits at a time and place that is convenient for both you and us;
- always respect you, your home and your customs (for example, removing or covering shoes before coming into your home);
- let you know when we will do any repair work that you report to us;
- tell you as soon as possible if we are unable to attend an appointment and offer you a new time; and
- leave a card if you are out when we visit, telling you how you can contact us.
Annual estate checks
We will carry out estate checks annually, and record and action any work needed for areas where:
- we have more than 20 homes;
- there are communal areas such as bin stores, washing line areas or areas of common green space that we are responsible for maintaining; and
- the area is identified as having high activity, for example high numbers of antisocial behaviour cases, grounds maintenance failures, fly tipping and abandonments.
This is in addition to routine estate checks and visits by GreenSquareAccord staff. If you would like to join an estate inspection with your housing officer, please contact us to arrange this.
Reporting antisocial behaviour
How quickly we deal with the complaint depends on how serious it is.
Where there has been violence or the threat of violence:
we will respond within 24 hours.
Where there are issues such as fly-tipping, noise nuisance or unreasonable behaviour:
we will respond within five working days.
Where there are issues such as dog nuisance, inconsiderate parking, and problems with gardens:
we will respond within ten working days.
Diversity and inclusion
- provide services that are equally accessible to all our customers and that are fair and free from discrimination;
- arrange for an interpreter to be available or provide a translation if you need one;
- try to provide information about our services in the best possible format for you, including large print, Braille and other languages; and
- keep your personal details confidential.
Complaints, comments and suggestions
- welcome feedback and complaints – if you are not receiving the level of service we promise you, tell us immediately so we can put it right;
- take all customer complaints seriously and aim to sort these out on the spot;
- refer you to the best person to deal with your complaint if we cannot put it right straight away;
- share your compliments with staff to encourage good practice; and
- use the feedback you give us to improve our services.
What we need from you
We want to be able to help you as quickly and efficiently as possible when you contact us and we can do this with your help.
- give us your name, address and date of birth or password (depending on what you are contacting us about) when you contact us;
- answer any further security and relevant questions we may have to help us identify who you are and deal with your query;
- make sure that you have all relevant letters and other documents available;
- tell us if your contact details change;
- tell us about any change in your circumstances that may affect the services we provide for you or if you would like us to contact you in a particular way;
- contact us if you do not understand or are unhappy with any of the information we have sent you;
- let us know if you have a complaint or concern and how you would like us to resolve it for you;
- consider avoiding our busiest times (Monday morning and lunchtimes) if you are phoning us about something which isn’t urgent;
- report any emergency repairs immediately – we have out-of-hours services that mean we can help you with these at any time;
- keep any appointment that has been made and tell us as soon as possible if you cannot attend; and
- treat us with courtesy and respect – we will not accept offensive, aggressive or violent language or behaviour.