How we are keeping you and our staff safe while working in your home
When you call us to report a repair, our contact centre staff will ask you some additional questions, and so will our operatives when they visit your home. This is to help keep both you and our staff safe, which is our top priority.
Here’s what will happen to ensure everyone’s safety:
- On the phone, our customer service officer will ask for as much detail as possible about the problem you have with your home. They will also ask if anyone in your household is self-isolating or has a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus.
- If you are self-isolating because you’re in a higher risk group, it’s important you follow the steps below. If someone in your home has a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus, this will be escalated to a manager to plan the appropriate course of action before we send out one of our operatives or contractors.
- Our operatives will call ahead to check you are in and will ask again if anyone in your home has coronavirus symptoms. If you do, it’s essential you notify us before they arrive so we can take appropriate steps to protect both you and our staff.
- When they arrive at your home, they will be wearing uniform, gloves and a face mask. They will knock on your door and stand two metres back. When you answer, they will ask you questions for more details about the concerns you have with your home.
- Once they have all the necessary information, they may change their personal protective equipment to ensure it is more suitable for the task they have to do. Please do not be concerned or alarmed by this; we just need to make sure we are protecting our staff and you while they complete the work.
- We will ask you to leave all internal doors open to the room where the problem is, to reduce the amount of items that need to be touched.
- Before the operatives enter your home, it is important, where possible, that you go into a different room away from the repair item. This will help everyone to maintain a safe distance from each other. Please do keep the door open just in case we need to ask you a question. Please wear a face mask when a tradesperson or other GreenSquareAccord staff member is working in your home.
- It is important you do not access the area while we’re completing the work. It might need to be made safe before you enter.
- Once the operatives have completed the task, or made the area safe, they will either tell you the work has been completed, or, in the event they’re unable to complete the work, they will let you know what is going to happen next.
- Once they have removed their equipment from your home, they will return to their vehicle and leave. They will not ask you to sign anything to say they have completed the task so that we can maintain a safe two-metre distance.
If you have any concerns about anything above, or you need to report a repair (or tell us about a change to one you’ve already reported), please get in touch.
Follow the link below to download this information for future reference:
How we are keeping you and our staff safe while working in your home (PDF)