Although we use Greenview as our main forum for consultation, we have other groups that come together to share ideas and put forward proposals about particular services.
These regular Customer Focus sessions are where our customers have the opportunity to tell us what they think, and help us to shape our future services.
- make sure we understand what’s most important to you (your priorities);
- help us design and develop the products and services we offer (improve quality);
- question how we’re doing against the standards we set (improve performance);
- tell us what you think and feel about new ideas we have and share any you have (give feedback and make suggestions); and
- help us improve every customers satisfaction with the services we offer and deliver.
You can view the latest feedback newsletter here.
Watch a video summary of the first Customer Focus session below.
The Forums are made up of representatives from 55+ and extra care schemes. They meet quarterly to discuss service issues that affect their schemes and also plan and share ideas for social events and activities in their communities. In addition to this forum reps have input into estate improvement funds and, as part of their role, put forward suggestions and volte for suggestions from other schemes.
This is held in Oxford once a year to discuss issues affecting customers with disabilities. If you are hoping to come to the Disability Forum, click here to let us know, and also tell us about any needs you have.