You can find details about the Home Standard in the document below.
Home Standard | GOV UK (PDF, 89KB)
How GreenSquareAccord meets the Home Standard
- We have a stock condition database which is held centrally. The data set coupled with agreed component lifecycles and unit costs underpins, and informs, our 30-year business plan.
- We now have three in-house surveyors whose sole function is to carry out detailed property inspections on a rolling 20% per annum or 5-year programme across the Group.
- Specifications are retained to new properties in the archive and can be reviewed to check original standards. The rolling programme of condition surveys ensures that we are aware when standards might be an issue, and properties meet the design and quality that applied when the property was built.
- We aim to offer our residents maximum choice of appointment times and have introduced scheduling software to simplify this, as well as maximise trades efficiency.
- We always aim to complete repairs first time, however, because of the nature of maintenance, the true extent of the issue may not be apparent until it has been investigated, and there will be times when a second visit is unavoidable. Even in the event of a follow-up, we would still aim to complete all responsive repair works within 28 days.
- The Decent Homes Standard ensures that all social tenants have access to a minimum standard of housing. However, tenants may have other priorities and these need to be taken into account. For example, some tenants do not want their kitchens and bathrooms modernised and the standard recognises this aspect. The works to bring these properties up to the standard will be carried out if they become void. We maintain a list of tenants who have asked us not to carry out works.