Support for young mothers
Newburn House provides accommodation for 16-24 year old women who are pregnant or have one young child.
Who can use the service?
The project provides short-term accommodation for four women aged between 16 and 24 years old who are pregnant or have one young child, and:
- Are homeless or threatened with homelessness;
- Live in the Wiltshire or have immediate family living in the area;
- Do not require a high level of support;
- Are able to demonstrate a willingness to cooperate with all support agencies involved with the project, and take part in activities either as part of the group or individually; and
- Have the ability to live independently in the long term.
The project offers:
- Advice, guidance, and encouragement to enable residents to experience the difficulties, challenges, and rewards that having their own months depending on assessed need
- Own furnished bedroom, shared kitchen and bathrooms
- Attractive enclosed garden
- Local amenities within easy walking distance
- Laundry facilities
- Staff who will respect privacy and offer practical help and are available between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday
- A resettlement service when 'move on' accommodation is identified.
If you feel you meet our eligibility criteria please call Newburn House on 01225 769989.