Boards and committees
GreenSquare's operating model is to have a main board and five committees – the Audit and Risk Committee, Development Committee, Customer Service and Insight Committee, Remuneration and People Committee, and Treasury Committee.
GreenSquare also has four subsidiary Boards: GreenSquare Construction Ltd, GS Energy Services Ltd, GreenSquare Estates Ltd, and GreenSquare Homes Ltd.
For more information on the membership of these boards and committees click on the relevant link.
GreenSquare Group Combined Board
The GreenSquare Group Combined Board (‘GSCB’) includes the boards of GreenSquare Group Ltd, GreenSquare Community Housing, and Westlea Housing Association Limited.
The Board comprises up to twelve non-executive members and is responsible for the Group and Association’s strategy, policy framework and managing the affairs of the Group.
The Board members are drawn from a wide background bringing together professional, commercial and local experience.
The Board delegates the day-to-day management and implementation of that framework (via the intra group agreement) to the Chief Executive and other members of the Group’s executive team.
Independent and resident Board members are selected by a panel of Board members (including the Chair and the Chief Executive) following public advertisement for recruitment.
Find out more information on the members of the GSCB here.
GreenSquare Construction Ltd
GreenSquare Construction Ltd (‘GSC’) was established to undertake ‘in-house’ development construction services for the Group, leading to value for money savings with the potential for any profits to be re-invested in the Group’s charitable activities. It also provides development agency services to external clients on behalf of the Group.
The GSC Board is responsible for ensuring that GSC has an appropriate business plan and performance and assurance measures in place to deliver the goals set for it by the GSCB in the Business Plan.
Find out more information on the members of the GSC Board here.
GS Energy Services Ltd
GS Energy Services Ltd (‘GSES’) provides the installation of gas and plumbing infrastructure in new housing developments, plumbing and gas maintenance services, and small plumbing and gas works for private individuals and companies.
The GSES Board is responsible for ensuring that GSES has an appropriate business plan and performance and assurance measures in place to deliver the goals set for it by the GSCB in the Business Plan.
Find out more information on the members of the GSES Board here.
GreenSquare Estates Ltd
GreenSquare Estates Ltd (‘GSE’) has developed a unique model for adopting and maintaining areas of open space, drainage features, and play areas. It delivers grounds maintenance services to schemes ranging from small rural exception sites to large scale, urban expansion schemes
The GSE Board is responsible for ensuring that GSE has an appropriate business plan and performance and assurance measures in place to deliver the goals set for it by the GSCB in the Business Plan.
Find out more information on the members of the GSE Board here.
GreenSquare Homes Ltd
GreenSquare Homes Ltd (‘GSH’) specialises in providing new homes for sale and shared ownership across Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, and Oxfordshire.
The GSH Board is responsible for ensuring that GSH has an appropriate business plan and performance and assurance measures in place to deliver the goals set for it by the GSCB in the Business Plan.
Find out more information on the members of the GSH Board here.
The Audit and Risk Committee:
- Reviews the annual financial accounts, once reviewed by our external auditor, for referral to the GCB.
- Agrees a programme of internal audit to review our internal controls and ensure that they are effective in managing our risks.
- Receives individual audit reports from specialist consultants, identifies any weaknesses, and recommends changes to improve them.
- Reviews the risk register and receives detailed reports on our top risks.
- Approves and monitors compliance with key policies (e.g. fraud, bribery, whistleblowing.
Find out more information on the members of the Audit & Risk Committee here.
The Customer Service and Insight Committee
- Supports the GCB in ‘hearing and transmitting the voice of the customer’, to influence policy development and to better understand our customers’ needs and drive improvements in customer satisfaction/experience.
- Gives its views on the level of risk that GreenSquare takes (its 'risk appetite') and identifies any risks for the Board's attention.
- Provides oversight of compliance with consumer standards, including production and publication of the annual report to residents to tell them how GreenSquare is performing.
- Gives its views on customer-facing strategies:
Asset Management and Regeneration – ensures the needs of the customer informs, at an early stage, the level of investment in and standards for our assets (including how we look after our homes and modernise older properties)
Antisocial Behaviour – how we deal with those residents who cause a nuisance to others
Customer Experience – the standard of customer service we provide and how and where we provide that service
Supported Housing – what services we provide to our vulnerable customers. The Committee also approves any large supported housing contracts that we enter into
Tenancy Sustainment – how we ensure that customers are able to successfully manage their tenancy, ensuring that they take advantage of help and assistance available
Communication – how we communicate with all stakeholders – customers, suppliers, and staff – in terms of information we share with them and how they give us their feedback.
- Gives input on the budgets and recommends to the Board the level of rents and service charges.
- Monitors performance at an operational level throughout the year, including how well we are doing with delivering the corporate plan and performance against our customer-related strategies. publishing an annual report to residents to tell them how GreenSquare is performing.
- Looks at complaints we receive, what we have learnt from them, and how we can change our services in the future to avoid future complaints.
Find out more information on the members of the Customer Service and Insight Committee here.
The Development Committee
- Looks at the programme of new homes we develop – social, affordable, and homes for sale – and monitors performance in relation to the delivery of these homes.
- Ensures that there is effective monitoring of funding and cash flow in relation to the delivery of the programme.
- Identifies and reviews the risks involved.
- Ensures arrangements are in place to support a positive Health and Safety culture.
Find out more information on the members of the Development Committee here.
The Remuneration and People Committee:
- Considers and approves our recruitment strategy.
- Makes board member recruitment arrangements and agrees the skills required for each of the boards and committees.
- Recommends any pay increases or changes in terms and conditions to the GCB.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g. gender pay reporting and modern slavery).
- Reviews our diversity and inclusion performance.
Find out more information on the members of the Remuneration and People Committee here.
The Treasury Committee
- Looks at the money we borrow to ensure that we are able to deliver the corporate plan and monitors any loans we have to ensure that we manage them in accordance with the loan agreement.
- Highlights any risks that may require the consideration of the GCB or another Board or Committee within the Group.
- Approves security proposals for any money that we borrow.
Find out more information on the members of the Treasury Committee here.