Where can I get benefit advice and help?

Many people do not claim the benefits they are entitled to. Even a small amount of extra money can make a big difference, so it pays to spend a little time finding out about what you can claim.

To find out what you may be entitled to you can use this calculator.

Debt, Welfare Benefits, and Money Advice

We have funded a number of services with a number of agencies to help make sure you claim any benefits you may be entitled to and get help with debt and money advice.

You can contact them using the following details:

In Wiltshire
Wiltshire Citizens Advice Bureau
Phone: 01249 445115 ext 3
E-mail: greensquare@cabwiltshire.org.uk
You can also visit their website at www.citizensadvice.org.uk for further information.

Wiltshire and Swindon Law Centre
Phone: 01893 486926
E-mail info@wiltslawcentre.co.uk

In Gloucestershire
Gloucester Law Centre
tel 01452 423492
email contact@gloucesterlawcentre.co.uk

Gloucester Citizens Advice Bureau
tel 01452 527202
email info@gloscab.org.uk

In Oxfordshire
Citizens Advice Bureau
E-mail Oxford city CAB using: greensquare@cab-oxford.org.uk  
E-mail South Oxfordshire CAB using: projects@osavcab.cabnet.org.uk 
E-mail West Oxfordshire CAB using: greensquareha@wocab.org.uk
Or call 03444 111 444.

There are also a number of independent advice agencies that can help.
Agnes Smith Advice Centre – Blackbird Leys
Phone 01865 770206
E-mail asac.reception@agnessmith.co.uk

Rosehill and Donnington Advice Centre
Phone 01865 438634
Email: rhd.advicecentre@ntlbusiness.com

Barton Advice Centre
Phone 01865 744152

Department for Work and Pensions
For more information about benefits in general you can visit the Department for Work and Pensions website at www.dwp.gov.uk for clear and straightforward information on what you may be entitled to and how to claim them.

National Debt and Money Advice Organisations

Money Advice Service
Phone 0300 500 5000

Step Change
Phone 0800 138 1111

National Debtline
Phone 0808 808 4000

Support agencies

Local authorities keep up-to-date details of other advice and support agencies in their area.

The details for Oxfordshire are here:

The details for Wiltshire are here:

The details for Gloucestershire are here: