Starter tenancies are given to all new tenants who did not previously have an assured or secure tenancy, directly before being a GreenSquare resident.
Starter tenancies usually last 12 months and are like a ‘trial’ period.
Residents become an assured or fixed-term tenant after 12 months, unless we have either:
- Started action to evict you
- Extended your starter tenancy.
At the end of your starter tenancy you’ll be offered either:
- An assured tenancy - meaning you can normally live in your property for the rest of your life
- A fixed-term tenancy - usually lasting for at least 5 years (we will decide whether it’s renewed)
Your tenancy can be ended if:
- You give us 4 weeks’ notice in writing
- We evict you
- You transfer your tenancy to someone else or swap homes (applies to assured/fixed-term tenancies)
- We need to move you (eg to redevelop your property) – we will offer you a new property.