Being a resident
What we will do:
- Provide you with a secure, well maintained home;
- We will be clear with you what we can do for your as your landlord; where we’re unable to provide some services to you as a landlord, we’ll signpost you to other agencies who may help;
- Make it easy for you to pay your rent and other charges, such as service charges where they apply;
- Provide a good repairs service. We will be clear about what we will and not do and what works may be rechargeable to you;
- Undertake tenancy audits to make sure who we think is living in our homes, are doing and take action if not;
- Make it easy for you to contact us, in a variety of ways;
- Have well-trained, respectful staff who will provide advice and assistance. We will respond back in line with our Customer Charter.
What you will do:
- Look after you home, garden and be respectful of the wider neighbourhood. Keep your home in good decorative order; report any repairs to us and, if you have permission to keep pets, be a responsible pet owner;
- Let us into your home when we need to. For example to carry out repairs and gas safety or other health and safety checks;
- Pay your rent and any charges due on time; you’ll work with housing benefit departments or the DWP in making claims for relevant benefits where applicable;
- Be a responsible and respectful neighbour. Where there are differences, you will seek to resolve these yourselves through talking to your neighbour;
- Keep in touch with us when you need advice or assistance around your housing situation; and to keep us updated in any changes in your circumstances, including your household and contact details.